Tuesday 21 January 2014

CASology Week 79 - Contrast

Good Afternoon,

This week's Cue Card of 'Contrast' at CASology  has stirred up quite a lot of discussion among the Design Team, as our leader Melissa set us an extra challenge of making a CAS and a non CAS card so that we can demonstrate the difference between the two styles. However you don't have to do this, we are asking for a CAS using the Cue Card in any direction it takes you.  My take on Contrast was to use opposite colours on the colour wheel.

First up is my CAS version of 'Contrast'


Supplies Used:
Hero Arts & Sizzix
MME - On the Bright Side - DP
Stampin Up - Express Yourself

And now for my non CAS version, well as non CAS as I could manage! It's easier said than done. But it was fun to challenge myself.



Supplies Used:
As above plus
Stampin Up - Doilies
Stampin Up - Morning Meadow
Annabelle Stamps - Pearls



Now it's over to you guys, I can't wait to see what you all come up with this week, but before you get started have a quick visit round the rest of the Design Team for further inspiration.



Thanks for visiting

15 comments :

  1. Love both the cards and the idea of CAS and non CAS is great ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both versions are gorgeous Gillian. I love the cut edge of the flower on the first and a super use of your doilies on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both takes. Your soft colour palette is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a perfectly done example!!! I adore both cards Gillian!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gillian, what a great example of CAS versus non-CAS...two gorgeous cards, such lovely soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gillian

    Two great cards .. .. and such a gorgeous colour combo too.

    Sorry I am a bit of a stranger. I seem super short on time just recently.

    Hope you are having good week.

    Love Jules

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so much fun! Both of your versions are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both Gillian especially the first and how your image hangs over the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Gillian--you totally nailed it. Your CAS is absolutely gorgeous and perfectly CAS, and your non-CAS is still awesome. I feel your pain, as I found it hard to make the non-CAS, but you totally nailed it. It's easy to see how just a few changes and a bit 'more' take it from CAS to not (but still so pretty).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry Gillian they are both CA to me, but both so beautiful as always--I love your style. ~hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore BOTH of your cards! Way to stretch yourself. :) This looks like a super fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like how you cut out your bloom on the edge of your CAS card - and thanks for showing your 'more than cas' card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are both gorgeous and I know what you mean about stretching yourself - I really had to push myself to keep adding stuff to my card! LOL! I love the opposite colours and that dogwood stamp is one of my all time favourite Hero Arts stamps! The overlap on the first card is such a lovely touch. Did you do a partial die cut on the flower or did you trim it by hand?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, your CAS projects are beautiful. I want to feature the doily embellished card for upcoming Trendy Tuesday post for the blog at Paper Crafters Library (Feb. 11 we'll be featuring use of doilies!). You can ck out the blog here: http://blog.papercrafterslibrary.com/ The image will credit you & link back to your blog as well. I don't have your complete name, so email me with that info if you want to share (otherwise you'll simply be "Gillian). If you do not wish to be featured for any reason, just let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little blog and thank you so much for any comments you leave. Unfortunately due to the volume of anonymous comments I am receiving I have had to turn that option off in the meantime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...